Camp Scenes During Fraser-Brace Construction, 1928 - 1930
John Hattie took all these photos.
caption here
caption here
All camp buildings were built of logs on the stockade principle and were of sufficient size and number to provide ample accommodation for the full staff of 800 people as well as storage space, stables, saw mills, rock crushing plant, concrete mixing plant, etc. Native material was used in the construction of all buildings and the lumber, amounting to 40,000,000 f.b.m. was cut by the two portable saw mills.
caption here
The office is down at the end of the street in the middle. The fourth building from the right is the dining hall, and across from it is the commissary. The other buildings are bunkhouses.
caption here
caption here
This shows the cement blocks for the new power house and the sheds they were dried in. The white stuff on the roof is rock dust. Also shown are the rock dump, water tank, steam boiler and oil filter.
Looking southeast over the concrete block plant and curing sheds, with the stacks of new blocks to the right. The large building at the left front is the machine shop, with the electric shop behind it. The large building in the distance is the carpenter shop. The power house would be directly behind the camera.
caption here
caption here
caption here
caption here
caption here
caption here
caption here
caption here
caption here
caption here
caption here
caption here
caption here
caption here
caption here
caption here
The crew are trooping back to work on the excavation site after the all-clear signal following a blast.
caption here
caption here
caption here
caption here